Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lilah Turns TWO!

September 8....Lilah turned two. TWO?! Yes, it is a little bitter-sweet, but I absolutely love this age. I once wondered what her voice would sound like (especially since she sounded like a high-pitched version of my voice for over a year!), and now I know. I also think it is so funny listening to other people decode what she is saying! She counts to 10 (always forgetting 7 &8) and sings her ABCs completely out of order (but in the right tune). She hates veggies and meat, but loves her dairy and fruit snacks. Oh....and the WIGGLES are still number 1 in her dvd book.

Onto the party. Yes, I know that there are people who think I am crazy for putting so much energy into Lilah's birthday. Maybe it is the teacher in me (who has been unable to use her crafting skills for way too long) or just the fact that spending time on the party makes my baby getting older a little easier. Either way, I LOVE planning kid parties!

THEME: Lilah is completely into airplanes and the moon. I couldn't pick one for her, and when I asked she would just repeat the last one I said. So....we made the theme both!

INVITES: I searched around on etsy (which Lee has threatened to block from our computer) and found some that had an airplane design. I contacted the shop owner (LaPetitie Party Shoppe) who worked with me to complete my vision.

The Final Product (pillow was made by my SIL, Stephanie. More on her later in this post)

PARTY: I rented out a community center in New Brighton. I hate having a small house with no room to entertain. That being said. It was worth the cost to not have to deep clean the house in the midst of all the planning!

Lee's sister, Stephanie, is my partner in crime. She can craft/bake/cook/sew with the best. Part of the reason I love Lee so much is because I love his family so much! We got together for some pre-party planning and came up with many ideas!!


T-shirt - airplane applique by theappliquefinery. The rest, by Stephanie :)

 Suitcases made out of mini cereal boxes (spray painted brown)
 Moon and Airplane cookies

 Door Sign was also from LaPetitie Party Shoppe. I made the fram out of a free garage sale find, some chicken wire and some fabric.

 Pretzels, chocolate suckers and an 'in-flight' magazine highlighting Lilah's last year. I made the books on Hot Prints.

Individually packaged lunches (complete with labels)

CAKE: Thursday night I baked two White Almond Sour Cream cakes and a Chocolate cake (and cupcakes of both). Then on Friday Steph and I started at it bright and early (ok...9 o'clock...it was a day off!!). We made cannoli filling and Steph finished her ganache. YUM!!

Then the work began. Finally, at 7 pm. we were finished. (we did take a few breaks and worked on cookies here and there). We were pretty proud of how it turned out.





Lilah was so cute when everyone was singing to her. She walks around the house and will sing 'Happy Birthday' everyday. They make pretend cakes at daycare so that is where she picks it up. A lot of the time it is mixed in with the 'Clean Up' song from Barney. I don't think she could believe that it was for her!! She also did a great job blowing out the candles. She started out pretty far away, but then I helped her get closer. She is just too darn cute!


PRESENTS! Lilah got so many awesome gifts. We are so luck to have so many great people surrounding us!




I am looking forward to an awesome year ahead. I am so proud of my little girl already. Everyday is a new adventure....and Lee and I feel so lucky to call her ours!

Until next year (at least at the rate I have been blogging lately!)


No comments:

Post a Comment