Saturday, December 11, 2010

What a BUSY Week!!

Wow! it has almost been a week since my last post...and what a week it has been. Present shopping and wrapping, work, a camera class, Lilah's 15 month appointment...and making a cake for a baby shower that was supposed to be today. (THANKS SNOW!) All in all...I am pooped!

So let's see...

Presents - Let's just say most are wrapped, but our poor little tree looks lonely. We are still trying to keep sticky fingers off of the ornaments. I am not brave enough to leave presents at her level with a chance she will have a moment to grab and throw them across the room! So for now, we have them stashed in the office. So festive!



Camera Class- I will admit, this whole expensive SLR camera thing is a little intimidating. We attended our free class at National Camera, and I do think I learned a few things. Hopefully after a little practice I will get the hang of it. I mean, when I walk into a room and see this:


you don't really have time to think about which setting to use! ugh!! I love her.

Speaking of 'her'. We had Lilah's 15 month appointment yesterday. With all of the running around and trying to keep her from digging in the garbage (we let her help throw away her wet diapers...so the garbage is pretty intriguing right now) and drawing all over the table (she loves coloring and all I had was a pen and some paper...the exam table ended up with only a couple of lines...her tummy had the most amount of scribbling), I don't remember all of the details. I will have to have them write them down at her 18 month appointment. I do know she is 22 lbs (37th percentile) and her height and head size were average. All in all we have one healthy girl. We really are blessed!!

My other big project this week was a cake for (I will call her my aunt ;)) Maura's baby shower, which was going to be today. Since we woke up to this:


no shower today...but it will hopefully be tomorrow. Just in case I wasn't able to make it, I brought Maura her cake yesterday. I had planned on having a few more hours to work on it, but I think it turned out cute enough. We are so ready to meet 'little tike' (he is due on February 2nd). I mean...I have only been waiting for my uncle to give me a cousin on this side of the family for going on 28 years...but who's counting.


I think my Uncle Dave would call this Monkey 1 and Monkey 2. After his 2 favorite monkeys!


the Momma to be!!


Hopefully 'little tike' likes his cake (and Maura too!). Let's hope the weather is better tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment